Nestled in a residential neighborhood northeast of downtown Seattle, Life Care Center of Kirkland is close to all the activities around the city. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Seattle’s Convention and Visitors Bureau provides information on all that the city has to offer, including activities, hotels, restaurants and attractions.
- The Arthur Foss tugboat is one of the oldest tugboats still in the water. Visitors can climb aboard this boat, built in 1889, and learn about the history of it from its origins during the Alaska gold rush to tugging log rafts.
- St. Edward State Park is a popular destination for hikers, bikers, beachgoers, runners and swimmers. The facility has a seminary, sports fields and an indoor pool on the grounds.
- The Bellevue Botanical Gardens is a beautiful 36-acre botanical garden with 13 different gardens and trails, including ferns, rhododendrons, various tree species and Japanese plants. Visitors can see a light festival during the Christmas season.
- Juanita Bay Park is a 110-acre park with boardwalks and wetlands. Visitors can bike, run, walk and explore wildlife in this park.